Hornworm food will be supplied as dry powder in a plastic bag. You can make wet food from this dry powder for your hornworms as described below.
Below is the step-wise procedure for making wet food from dry powder
- Take microwave safe container containg 1 1/2 cups of hot water. Then poure 1/4 lb of powdered Hornworm food in water and mix well using hand mixer
- Cover microwavebale container with plastic wrap or container lid and heat on high for 2 minutes in microwave.
- After 2 minutes remove the container from microwave carefully as food will be very hot. Then carefully uncover the container to release steam and mix it thoroughly with electric hand mixer. Replace cover and heat the mixture in microwave on high for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the container from microwave and release steam carefully as it can burn your skin instantly.
- Mix thoroughly cooked food with electric hand mixer.
- Cover the container again to prevent food from drying out and immediately place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Cooled food will be soft like cheese and it is ready to feed hornworms.